What is covered under this warranty?
- Body impressions deeper than 11/2” when measured using the straight edge method at a non-stitched area of mattress.
- Coils or wires that protrude through the top, side or bottom fabric of mattress.
- Separation of the binding tape at either the top or bottom of mattress.
What is not covered under this warranty?
- Normal body impressions of up to and including 11/2” in depth using the straight edge measuring method away from any stitching. Any impression less than or equal to these measurements are considered normal and are not covered under a warranty.
- Fabric Cover (Ticking) is not covered in any way.
- Merchandise sold “AS IS” or “Distressed” are not warrantied.
- A product without a “law tag” (affixed or not) will not be covered.
- A product that is soiled, stained or burned in any way.
- A mattress that has been used with an unsupportive, non-Yankee Mattress foundation or boxspring.
- Any mattress and/or foundation that is used with an unsupportive frame or bedstead.
- Customer comfort cannot be guaranteed and is not included with this warranty.
- The softening of a mattress over use time is completely normal and is not considered a structural defect.
How long is the coverage period?
- The warranty coverage period runs from the original date of purchase. Repair or replacement of the mattress or box foundation does not extend the warranty period or begin a new limited warranty period. Warranty information and coding is printed on the white “law” tag affixed to the mattress and box foundation. If this tag is removed, please retain with your other mattress records. If you purchase a mattress only without the matching foundation, your warranty will remain in effect provided that the other box foundation is deemed to offer proper support by a Yankee representative.
- Replacement of one piece of the sleep set does not automatically constitute the replacement of the other piece(s). This limited warranty is provided to the original purchaser and is not transferable. An Original Sales Receipt is Required for any warranty considerations to be made. The determination to repair or replace the product will be made exclusively by The Yankee Mattress Factory.
- In the event of a replacement or repair, the customer will be responsible for all transportation or delivery costs.
The Yankee Mattress Factory shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages which result through the use of this product. No warranties, expressed or implied, are extended to persons who purchase this product from anyone other than The Yankee Mattress Factory, Inc. or its authorized dealers, and all warranties to such persons, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness, are hereby excluded. Revised 8/16
Yankee Mattress Factory
Care & Body Impression Information
This high-quality sleep set has been designed to give you years on comfortable and supportive sleep. In order to enjoy this product to its fullest potential, several simple items should be observed.
- Proper Frame Support: All queen frames must have either a rigid steel crosswise or lengthwise center slat or bar that is supported by at least one leg extending to the floor. King frames must have at least 2 center legs. *All full mattress/boxsprings purchased after 11/1/14 must have a center slat with at least 1 center leg extending to the floor. *Mattress only use with platform slat beds must not have a gap of more than 3” between each slat.
*Lack of proper support will void the warranty.
- Mattress Protector: We recommend a waterproof mattress protector to prevent accidental staining of your mattress. Please be advised that your mattress warranty will be voided if the mattress is stained, soiled or burned.
- Floating Comfort Panel: Yankee Mattress Factory utilizes the latest innovations in manufacturing high quality mattresses. One of these features is the “Floating Panel”. This method allows the top of your mattress to easily follow your body contours while you sleep for excellent comfort and durability. If you notice that the top portion of your mattress is “bunching or shifting” simply grasp the quilted panel and reposition it return it to its original position. This feature will eliminate permanent “hammocking” of the panel and will extend the life of your new mattress.
- Break in Period: Like becoming accustomed to wearing new shoes, it may take as long as 30 to 60 days to become fully comfortable on your new mattress. This is especially true if your old mattress was well worn and under supportive.
- Odor: You may detect a slight odor when your new mattress is delivered. This is normal and any odor should dissipate within 7-10 days.
- Loose Threads: Loose threads are not unusual on today’s multi-quilted mattresses. To remove, simply snip with scissors. Do not pull to remove, as quilting damage could occur.
Body Impressions are normal and are not considered a manufacturing or structural defect.
Body impressions are indentations on the surface of a mattress that are caused by compaction of foam and other upholstery materials. You should expect to see these impressions in as little as a week after you begin to sleep on your new mattress. Body impressions of up to 11/2” are considered normal. You may see two impressions if the mattress is used by two people.
**To minimize or equalize body impressions, it is very important to rotate the mattress from head to toe frequently. If the mattress is not rotated at least once every 1 to 2 months, you may notice one side of the bed softer than the other. This can happen as early as 3 months after initial use. Unfortunately, we cannot warrant a mattress that has been incorrectly rotated.