What is covered under this warranty?
- Body impressions deeper than 1.5” when measured using the straight edge method at a non-stitched area of mattress.
- Coils or wires that protrude through the top, side or bottom fabric of mattress.
- Separation of the binding tape at either the top or bottom of mattress.
- Broken or split wood frame.
- Broken or loose metal support elements.
- Compression of box foundation deeper than 1.5” when measured using straight edge method.
- Noises, squeaks or rattles in box foundation that are non-related to bed frame.
- Separation of fabric covering top and sides of box foundation (excludes bottom dust barrier).
What is not covered under this warranty?
- Normal body impressions of up to and including 1.5” in depth using the straight edge measuring method away from any stitching.
Any impression less than or equal to 1.5" is considered normal and are not covered under a warranty.
- Fabric Cover (Ticking) is not covered in any way.
- Merchandise sold “AS IS” or “Distressed” are not warrantied.
- A product without a “law tag” (affixed or not) will not be covered.
- A product that is soiled, stained or burned in any way.
- A mattress that has been used with an unsupportive, non-Yankee Mattress foundation or boxspring.
- Any mattress and/or foundation that is used with an unsupportive frame or bedstead.
*All queens must be supported by a frame that includes a center slat with at least 1 leg that extends to the floor. All kings require at least 2 center legs extending to the floor.
*Full size mattress/boxsprings purchased after 11/1/14 require a frame with a center bar and least 1 center leg extending to the floor.
- Mattress only use, without a boxspring/foundation, on a platform frame that is supported by a slat system with more than a 3" gap between each slat. If a mattress only (without boxspring/foundation) is used on a platform style frame, each slat supporting the mattress must not be spaced greater than 3" apart.
- Customer comfort cannot be guaranteed and is not included with this warranty.
- The softening of a mattress over use time is completely normal and is not considered a structural defect.
How long is the coverage period?
The warranty coverage period runs from the original date of purchase. Warranty information is printed on the white “law” tag affixed to the mattress and box foundation. If you have any questions regarding the length of your mattress warranty, feel free to contact your nearest showroom. If the law tag is removed, please retain with your other mattress records. If you purchase a mattress only without the matching foundation, your warranty will remain in effect provided that the other box foundation is deemed to offer proper support by a Yankee representative. Repair or replacement of the mattress or box foundation does not extend the warranty period or begin a new limited warranty period.
*Replacement of one piece of the sleep set does not automatically constitute the replacement of the other piece(s). This limited warranty is provided to the original purchaser and is not transferable. An Original Sales Receipt is Required for any warranty considerations to be made. The determination to repair or replace the product will be made exclusively by The Yankee Mattress Factory.
In the event of a replacement or repair, the customer will be responsible for all transportation or delivery costs.
Yankee Mattress Care Information
This high quality sleep set has been designed to give you years on comfortable and supportive sleep. In order to enjoy this product to its fullest potential, several simple items should be observed:
- Proper Frame Support: All queen frames must have either a rigid steel crosswise or lengthwise center slat or bar that is supported by at least one leg extending to the floor. King frames must have at least 2 center legs. All full size mattress/boxsprings purchased after 11/1/14 must have a center slat with at least 1 center leg extending to the floor.
*Mattress only use, with no boxspring/foundation, for platform style beds must be supported by a slat system with a gap of no more than 3" between each slat. Full, queen and king sizes must also have center leg support as described above. Lack of proper frame support may void the warranty.
- Mattress Protector: We recommend a protective mattress cover to prevent accidental staining of your mattress. Please be advised that your mattress warranty will be voided if the mattress is stained, soiled or burned.
- Law Label: If you choose to remove the law label that is affixed to either your mattress of box foundation, please keep it in a safe place as it is needed if you should experience any warranty issues.
- Floating Comfort Panel: Yankee Mattress Factory utilizes the latest innovations in manufacturing the "Original Yankee Mattress". One of these features is the Floating Panel. This method allows the top of your mattress to easily follow your body contours while you sleep for excellent comfort and durability. If you notice that the top portion of your mattress is bunching or shifting simply grasp the quilted panel and reposition it return it to its original position. This feature will eliminate permanent "hammocking" of the panel and will extend the life of your new mattress.
- Break in Period: Like becoming accustomed to wearing new shoes, it may take as long as 30 to 60 days to become fully comfortable on your new mattress. This is especially true if your old mattress was well worn and under supportive.
- Odor: You may detect a slight odor when your new mattress is delivered. This is normal and any odor should dissipate within 7-10 days.
- Loose Threads: Loose threads are not unusual on today’s multi-quilted mattresses. To remove, simply snip with scissors. Do not pull to remove, as quilting damage could occur.
PLEASE READ!! Body Impressions are normal and are not considered a manufacturing or structural defect. Body impressions are indentations on the surface of a mattress that are caused by compaction of foam and other upholstery materials. You should expect to see these impressions in as little as a week after you begin to sleep on your new mattress. Body impressions of up to 1 ½” are considered normal. You may see two impressions if the mattress is used by two people.
**To minimize body impressions, it is very important to rotate your mattress from head to toe frequently. If the mattress is not rotated at least once every 1 to 2 months, you will notice one side of the bed softer than the other. This can happen as early as 3 months after initial use. Unfortunately, we cannot warrant a mattress that has been incorrectly rotated.
Mark it on your calendar!
ROTATE MATTRESS EVERY 1 to 2 MONTHS
If after reading the above sections you feel your mattress has a structural problem that is covered under the warranty, please call the location where you originally purchased the products. If that location is unreachable or has moved, please contact our Agawam, MA office at: (413) 786-0999. A Yankee Mattress Factory representative will be happy to take your call and discuss the problem you are having with your product. If the issue is compliant with the criteria stated in the Yankee Mattress Product Warranty, you will be contacted shortly after by a technician to schedule an appointment
The Yankee Mattress Factory shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages which result through the use of this product. No warranties, expressed or implied, are extended to persons who purchase this product from anyone other than The Yankee Mattress Factory, Inc. or it’s authorized dealers, and all warranties to such persons, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness, are hereby excluded. Revised 8/16*